Written by Derek Kingaby
Monday, 23 March 2009 10:40
Setup the MakeITEasy connection icon on your computer.
Computer and connected to the internet.
- Click Start, Control Panel
- Click the link 'Switch to classic view', (if not already selected) in the top left of the window.
- Double click the Network Connections icon.
- Click on Create a new connection (XP home) , top left of screen Or click the New connection wizard icon (XP Pro)
- The 'dial-up wizard' may start, if so type 020 into the local area code and click OK and OK.
- The 'new connection wizard' should now start, click Next to continue.
- Choose 'Connect to the network at my workplace' (Option 2) and click Next.
- Choose 'Virtual Private Network connection' (Option 2) and click Next.
- Type MakeITEasy in the 'Company Name' field and click Next.
- For the option 'Do not dial an this initial connection' and click Next.
- In the 'Host name or IP address' field, enter the server that you were given in the confirmation email and click Next.
- Place a tick in the box next to 'Add a shortcut to this connection to my desktop' and click Finish.
- Click No to close the window.
- Right-click on the 'MakeITEasy' icon in the Network Connections window and choose 'Properties'.
- Select the Options tab
- Untick the option marked "Include Windows logon domain"
- Activate the Networking tab and click on the Settings button.
- Make sure all options are unticked, then confirm the dialog with 'OK'.
- Activate the Security tab ensure the setting "Require data encryption (disconnect if none) is ticked"
- Now confirm the 'Properties' window with OK.
Last Updated ( Monday, 23 March 2009 10:48 )